Thursday, March 12, 2009

ABSENT MINDED?

I'm walking down an avenue
In a city I do not know
I have no idea of where I am
Or where I want to go

Have I reached that awful time
are my senses really going
is a quarter really a dime
Have my brains stopped growing

Wait, I see a woman across the street
possibly someone I'd like to meet
she looks at me and I look at her
and believe it or not I begin to purr

Then it happened, I don't know how
we were together, like in the now
I went to kiss her, and kiss her I did
her lips were like roses, I do not kid

Our bodies met and began to sway
we held on, was it night or day?
I knew this much, I loved her touch
In fact I liked it very much

Suddenly, it dawned on me
I soon began to see
those lips, that voice
that was a you and a me

My darling of some sixty years
stood before me and there were tears
Tears of happiness, of finally knowing
that life again,could be glowing

Hand and hand she led me home
and warned me not to roam
Home sweet home, home sweet home
Life forever, like a honey poem

2 comments:

Kindness Not Faith said...

Beautiful poem Oscar!
(talk about absent-mindedness...I first wrote beautiful EMAIL by mistake and had to correct it!)

oscar said...

THANK YOU FAITHLESS FROM ANOTHER FAITHLESS.