Thursday, March 12, 2009

JUST SOME ACHES AND PAINS

There's pain in my neck, oh what the heck
My poor back is another story,
no use to give it a worry

My chest is aflame, but who can I blame?
My left knee gives when I walk,
no matter how I give it a talk.

My ankle is not steady, is it amputation ready?
My left leg is the size of two.
Should I get one that's brand new?

My jewels are victims of gravity,
and I say this without any levity.
and so for the sake of brevity
I'll end all this silly debility.

When my sweetheart
smiles at me
When my darling
looks at me
When my beauty
moves close to me
My pains drift away
I am whole again
i am ten feet tall

3 comments:

Flavia said...

:-)))) priceless

Lauren Frieband said...

Hi Oscar, it's Lauren, Joe's girlfriend. I really do love your poetry. Your poems have such good rhythm, humor, and sentiment. Hope to see you again soon for a Shabbat dinner. Our last dinner was really special and I want to thank you for having me over and welcoming me. :-)

oscar said...

Thank you ever so much Lauren, you made my day. We all look forward to have you join us at Shabbat dinner at any time. Just give us a call.