Monday, May 21, 2007

FOUR OF A KIND

How unglorious to simply be a mother
Not for M, she had made up her mind
To be four of a kind
A mentor, a tormentor, a resident,
A president

She found she could be
Not an I but a we
Both a father and a mother
The better her children to smother

Stubborn she was like a mule
Between Lent and Yule
Her mind was one of a kind
A selfless clarity, without parity
And it shone on me sans charity

She leaped to the defense of our children three
Especially it they had a bout with me
No amount of explaining could keep her from reigning.

It takes a man with a lot of loving, to carry on despite her shoving
Bye bye and ta ta, I’ve got a heavy date in bed
With my femme fatal, that’s all

3 comments:

Kindness Not Faith said...

Funny and telling!

goodyear said...

you are a gentleman and a scholar and a saint.
yer kid. guess which one.

oscar said...

I bow to your wisdom and I thank you.
Thou warmest my heart.