Friday, July 13, 2007

AN ODE TO TENNIS

Is there anything more satisfying
Than a drop shot expertly dying?
Or a lob shot that sails nicely to the rear
When your opponent at the net is near?
Or a whirling dervish of a spin
That helps contribute to a win?

Or a wicked, smashing, overhead drive
That makes your opposite go for a dive?
Or the taut music the sweet spot makes
Making you feel you got what it takes?
Can there be anything more pleasureable?
Of course not, it’s just downright immeasureable!

4 comments:

bigtimer said...

Great tennis poem, yeah I just love it when I do a drop shot and the opponnent just stares there looking at it like a complete moron. What an idiot, he dude wake up and smell the coffee! Know whats even better? When the losers standing up by the front of the net like some sort of wannabe and you smack the ball as hard as you can right at is freakn' nut's (howdy partner). Oh sure, I'm sure there are some soccer mom's out there reading this like a horror story, but hey if you don't win your a slobbering loser! I like your style drop me a line buddy!

oscar said...

bigtimer, you're in for the kill. I wouln't go for the jewels, it hurts like hell.
Have you got a blog name. I would like to give it a look.
Oscar

Unknown said...

Love your tennis poems! How do I get permission to use them in a newsletter?

oscar said...

Hello Rosita, sorry for taking so long to respond. We've just made a major move back to Montreal from California. Yes you may use them for your newsletter. Can you send me a copy? Thanks!