Friday, July 13, 2007

SAY THERE

“I say old chap, would you care for a spot of tennis.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is,
Reginald Dexter Winslow, the third.”

“It would be an honor to play with someone with such a long name. You can call me Abe the first.
When I was born, my parents took a look at me
And said I was the first and with any luck, the very
Last.”

“By the way Abe old boy, have you been playing long?”

“As a matter of fact Reggie old boy, I started only a month ago but I try to practice at least twice a week
and I am so pleased you invited me to play. You look like you are a tennis expert with your clothes so
white.”

“Well I do try you know and it really is good practice for me to show others less experienced than I a few
pointers and that sort of thing. Shall we?”

“Why not, I can only try. My best I will do. More than that I can’t do as they say, Reggila.”

“I must warn you, I never play down to anyone.
I play to win, regardless."

“Gung Ho, as they say in India or someplace.”

“I’ll toss a coin, head or tails Abe my boy?”

“So let it be tails, Reggie boy.”

“Tails it is , you’ll serve I presume?”

“Why not, listen, in singles it’s that tiny square?”

“Yes, yes, by golly.”

“Ho, Ho, I made a lucky serve, so that’s 15 love?”

“Beginner’s luck chappie.”

Abe serves right deep and the return whizzes by, out
By inches. 30 love

Abe calls “OUT” happily.

“Alright, alright, dammit, just watch my thunder.”

“You’re trying your best?

“Yes, I am, I am, damn!”

“Wow, I didn’t know I could jump so high, a short,
fat guy like me. So-o, it could be forty love, no?”

“You know, you know, you don’t have to ask, Jesus!!

“Oh my, so I made a double fault and you’re back
in the game with, 40/15, isn’t that nice?”

“Yes, I am just starting, I am just starting, fatso.”

“So names he’s calling already, okay macaroni,
I’m ready for what you got, mister.”

Thirty minutes have gone by and the game score
Is five/three in favor of Abe.

Abe is dancing around the court dry as a bone.

“You’re sweating too much already partner, maybe
you can use a rest, no?” Abe is concerned.

“Don’t worry about me, mister roly poly, play ball.
Hmm, hmm, and hmm and tsk, tsk, now you lose.”

“So let’s be sure now, I won 5 games and you only won 3 games. If I win this game I will win the set?'

There is a long rally that seems to go on and on and Reginald the Third is staggering from side to side and is now letting out all his frustration.
“Goddammit, shit, lousy runt, pure luck fatty, bloody asshole, abortion that lived, shitface.”

“My, my, temper, temper in December, this is a set you will remember.” And with that said, Abe smashes a winner. “Win lose, who cares, it’s only a game, right?"

“Reggie, Reggie, why are you jumping on your nice racket, how will we be able to play the next set?”

No comments: